Under the direction and periodic review of the Vice President and Business Leader for SePRO’s Turf and Ornamental Business, the Ornamental Market Manager is responsible for the marketing, product management, and Key Account sales of SePRO’s ornamental product portfolio consisting of Akari® Miticide, ARest® Plant Growth Regulator, Camelot® O Fungicide/Bactericide, CuPRO® 5000 Fungicide/Bactericide, Decree® Fungicide, Hachi-Hachi® Insecticide, Ornazin® Insect Growth Regulator, Pipron® Fungicide, Preferal® Microbial Insecticide, ProMite® Miticide, Talus® Insect Growth Regulator, Topflor® Granular Plant Growth Regulator. The Ornamental Market Manager is the SePRO industry contact for the greenhouse and nursery crop production markets. The Ornamental Market Manager develops and implements T&O strategic goals and initiatives related to these markets and provides product management of the entire ornamental product portfolio (i.e. programs, advertising, budgeting, packaging, pricing, forecasting, positioning, segmentation, etc.). The Ornamental Market Manager will be responsible for developing programs and relationships with key greenhouse and nursery producers. The assignment would be based in the Carmel, Indiana corporate office.
Responsibilities would include:
The following requirements to fulfill this position successfully are:
Lead in the development and implementation of the integrated product marketing, sales, application and communication plan for all ornamental products.
Provide guidance to the sales team in the most effective methods to ramp up the sales opportunities for the ornamental portfolio.
Manage ornamental product portfolio sales forecasts and production scheduling with the Supply Chain Team
Gain market intelligence for ornamental product protfolio and develop sales tools and advertising, including copywriting, editing and ‘visualization’, in close co-operation with the internal communication team and in-line with long-term and short-term strategies
Contribute to the development and implementation of our long-term and short-term strategic business plans for all T&O products.
Contribute to the development and execution of strategic (marketing) plans and consequently budget/action planning.
- B.S. degree or Higher
- Experience in the specialty agricultural chemical market. Pefer a candidate with experience in the Ornamental market segments (Container nursery and greenhouse)
- Detail oriented person with a good understanding of financial management.
- Frequent interaction with end-user’s, distributors, associations, media, and industry influential’s requires that this person represent SePRO Corporation in a professional manner.
- The position will require excellent communication and presentation skill in both individual and large group settings.
- Excellent proficency with Excel® spreadsheets and pivot tables, Powerpoint ®, Word® and Outlook®
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (4 year college or University) preferred, but not required
- Agronomic training or experience
- Experience with plant protection products in US Turf and Ornamental markets is desirable
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent driving record
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Business acumen and must be customer focused.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel on a daily basis. Overnight travel averaging 3 nights per week is required
- Adaptability- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Trustworthy – Ability to follow direction and work with minimal supervision
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively and to sell programs, ideas and concepts
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy and passion to the performance of the tasks
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K) with matching and profit sharing
- Access to medical/daycare pre-tax savings
- Access to short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email (preferred) to Roger Story, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As with all employment application materials, SePRO's receipt of such information does not obligate SePRO to review or otherwise use such information.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT INTENDED, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED, TO BE ALL-INCLUSIVE LISTS OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, EFFORTS, OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH A JOB. WHILE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS INTENDED TO BE AN ACCURATE REFLECTION OF THE JOB REQUIREMENTS, MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, ADD, OR REMOVE DUTIES FROM PARTICULAR JOBS AND TO ASSIGN OTHER DUTIES AS NECESSARY.